top of page

Mortgage Advice Carlisle

Independent mortgage advice from across the whole market, regardless of your circumstances.

  • Carlisle First time buyers

  • Carlisle Home Mover Mortgages

  • Carlisle But To Let Mortgages

  • Carlisle Remortgages

  • Carlisle 95% Mortgages

Mortgages in Carlisle

With a population of 108,400, and roughly 50,660 houses it is fair to say Carlisle's housing market has continued to be bouyant throughout the last few years.

Known as the Great Border City, just 12 miles south of the Scottish Border and 42 miles from the Lake District Carlisle offers its residents an ideal location.

Whether you are a first time buyer, home mover or are looking to remortgage your current property, with access to the whole of the market I can help you secure a mortgage that meets your needs and circumstances.


Carlsile Help to Buy Mortgages | Carlisle Mortgages


Available to help first time buyers with a smaller deposit purchase a new build home.

The builder of your home must be registered for Help to Buy: Equity Loan

The North West has a regional price cap of £224,200 and so your purchase price cannot exceed this.

Using the equity loan scheme you can borrow between 5% and 20% from Help to Buy 

A combination of your own deposit, Help to Buy and a mortgage allow you to meet the full purchase price of the new home.

You do not pay interest on the equity loan for the first 5 years, from year 6 however interest will become payable.

Carlisle Shared Ownership Mortgages | Carlisle Mortgages


A help to buy scheme designed to help you If you can’t quite afford the mortgage on 100% of a home. 

Help to buy : Shared ownership could help you buy a home in Carlisle if 

  • Your household earns under £80,000

  • You are a first-time buyer, you used to own a home but can’t afford to buy one now or are an existing shared owner looking to move

  • You are looking to buy a share between 25% and 75% of your own home.

Buy my council house


Right to Acquire allows most housing association tenants to buy their home at a discount.

You can apply to buy your housing association home if you’ve had a public sector landlord for 3 years. These landlords include:

  • housing associations

  • councils

  • the armed services

  • NHS trusts and foundation trusts

Right to Buy allows most council tenants to buy their council home at a discount.

You can apply to buy your council home if:

  • it’s your only or main home

  • it’s self-contained

  • you’re a secure tenant

  • you’ve had a public sector landlord (for example, a council, housing association or NHS trust) for 3 years - it does not have to be 3 years in a row.

bottom of page